FS: 2400c/180/48/1.3 & extras

Scott's Lists lists at detwiler.us
Sun Jun 22 20:47:27 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm parting with a PowerBook 2400c/180! (Keeping one, though.)

For pictures, visit this web page: http://www.detwiler.us/2400c

Sale includes:

* PowerBook 2400c/180 MHz/48 MB RAM/1.3 GB Hard Drive

* Original style AC adapter.

* Battery, maybe an hour working time at best.

* Diamond 56K PCMCIA modem, with dongle

* SCSI adapter with SCSI drive mode switch.

* Floppy drive. (not working--see below)

Here are the nothing-held-back details:

Condition is very good. No scratches on case. Keys have some shine. Little
plastic cosmetic covers on the keyboard screws are not present.

Broken floppy drive. Will read disks OK. Does not write properly--the files
it writes give an I/O error when read. Case lid hinges broken; little rubber
feet on bottom missing. Floppy drive cable included.

I recently performed the ³clicker fix² on this unit. The clicker is still a
bit sensitive, sometimes giving an inadvertent double click, but I expect
that to calm down with use.

No genuine GLOD ever experienced on this Œbook.

But, it sometimes locks up if you let it go to sleep on its own or close the
lid to put it to sleep. Removing the battery and pressing the reset key
brings it back. I have not noticed this problem when you use the sleep
commands in the Finder.

There are two bad pixels, but are only noticable on certain colors. One of
these responded to massage, and has been cooperating.

$225, free shipping via UPS Ground in US.

Email me off list with any questions.

Scott Detwiler

lists at detwiler.us

Oh, and check my ebay feedback as "daytonscott"--I'm an honest guy. Really.