[Duo2400] Hard Drive Question

Carlson mariner at mts.net
Mon Jun 23 13:31:26 PDT 2003

I bought one of these a few years back and it's still ticking along just
great:
http://www.liquidationetc.com/53/15653.htm?665

I found that deal here:
http://www.pricewatch.com

A Mac place to check out is:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=91&Title=2%2E5%22%20IDE%20
%26%20SCSI%20for%20Laptops&Template=

I went with a 12.5mm drive because I was concerned about heat issues,
especially with a 240mhz G3. The 9.5mm drives leave a little space for which
compensation may or may not have to be made.

How much do you want to spend? The new IBM 80GB with 8MB cache are around
$260. You can get a 20GB 5400rpm drive for around $100. But eventually
you'll want 40GB. Then 60Š