Duo 280c

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 16:59:18 PDT 2003

Attention all Guru's and anybody with any advice.

I am in need of some assistance. I just got a Duo 280c

Here is the scoop. I plugged it in it booted fine and
looks like it is okay(yeah for me). I am still testing
everything.

It appears there is a modem problem. It is not working
properly.

The modem is on and tries to dial out but it cannot
connect. There is no dial tone that I can hear on the
speaker. When I launch the express modem control panel
it says the modem is on and working.   When I bring up
the general settings window it say Country Telecom
Settings: Japan. I assume this is the problem. How do
I change this?

System info.

Finder: v8.1
System: v8.1 US

Memory installed 32 MB
Hard Drive 1.1 Gig IBM partioned to two equal parts

Using PPP to connect: version 1.0.1
Modem set to: Internal Modem, GeoPort/Express
Sound on
Dialing Tone
TCP/IP Set to PPP/ using PPP server

Any help would be appreciated