[Duo2400] Re: pb1400 RAM issues

dylan dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Tue Jun 24 14:53:15 PDT 2003

Chris-

i recently installed Debian R 3.0 (woody) onto this machine. the install is
pretty easy, but requires a few things:

1. there is still no support for PCMCIA on this machine, thus no
networking.... UNLESS you happen to have the internal ethernet upgrade card.

2. the internal ATAPI CD-ROM drive is not recognized... so the only way to
install is from an external HD or SCSI CD-ROM using the debian CDs.

-->installation is made possible by some custom kernels from etsushi kato

there is some information on getting Debian installed on Nubus-based
machines here, with links on where to get the appropriate kernels:

-----> http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/

along with a screen shot of the pb1400 running WindowMaker WM:

-----> http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/pb1400.png

cheers!

dylan

on 03.6.25 1:33 AM, Christopher Kolp at ckolp at bellsouth.net was reported to