2400c need a new home

Jake Luck comet at 10k.org
Thu Jun 26 00:24:11 PDT 2003

(I am overwhelmed by number of people who emailed me about the machine so
here are more details)

My dear fellow duo/2400 friends:

I became a proud Comet owner in the fall of 1999. Over the years, I
enjoyed befriending many of you on the list. The conversations here are
intelligent and supportive; the technical discussions are knowledgable and
insightful; and mostly, the people here are the friendlist I have known.

Since then I have obtained all conceivable upgrades for my 2400c, many
times importing directly from Japan, including hoarding those $50
replacement PRAM batteries.  I have also became intimately expereinced
with the internals of the machine. I have met some of you in-person by
helping with CPU and HardDrive upgrades. Those in-person contacts had only
substantiated my former statement of the quality of this list. I will
continue to be here and offer my humble assistance.

The machine here is in top condition and I am not looking to sell it just
for cash. I want to help my baby to find a new home so it can continue on
being productive and useful. (I feel quite sentimental about this little
guy and refuse to part it to a stranger on ebay at any cost). So this is
probably not for you unless you are a true Comet Zealot

Here are the specs:

Powerbook 2400c
Vimage 400mhz Copper G3 w/ 1MB backside cache
112MB RAM via Custom 96MB module
40 GB HardDrive (currently with 8.6 and 9.1 installed,
partitioned ready for OS10, will pre-install if you prefer)
External Floppy Drive.
Brand New PRAM battery (installed last week)
CardBus activated by MCE
Yu-plan Translucent Blue keyboard (original keyboard also included)
Two battery (one is brand new out of the box, charged only
two times to test its condition; the other lasts about an hour
and fourty minutes)
Two AC Adaptors
Farallon 10/100MBit CardBus Card (works in OS10 natively)
Dayna CommuniCard 10MBit PCMCIA Ethernet Card (Includes driver for OS8)
CardBus USB Card (gives you two USB ports)
Supra Diamond 56K PCMCIA FAX Modem Card
Silicon Sport WetSuit 3.0
Port Inc Ballistic Nylon carrying case with internal suspension system
Mac OS 8.6 CD included.
Original Box.

Please email me if you are interested in this beast. I live in Manhattan
and would be happy to show it to you in person. I am willing to consider
any reasonable offer from a responsible individual.

jake
P.S. I am also on the market for a Cube, if you are interested
in trading please feel free to contact me, too.