[Duo2400] ADB to USB?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Wed Jun 25 20:12:21 PDT 2003

At 12:52 PM -0500 6/25/2003, Adrian Cussins wrote:
>.... anybody know of an adaptor or cable that would allow me to
>connect USB devices to the ADB port on the back of my Microdock (for
>my Duo 2300c).

No and you have two chances of finding such a thing, fat and slim.
ADB has a data rate of 1,200 BITs/s.  USB is 12,000,000 or 10,000
times faster.  ADB would likely be swamped by the housekeeping
traffic for USB with no bandwidth left for data.  That is if someone
were to try.

The other thing to consider with something like this is there is so
little market for it that even if it were technically possible (yes)
or practical (no) there just wouldn't be enough interest in it to
bother.  Add to that the fact that a number of the drivers needed to
work with USB probably wouldn't work either.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA