[Duo2400] Re: rotary phones

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 05:45:22 PDT 2003

on 06/25/03 11:49 PM, David N. Gass at dgass at swbell.net wrote:

>>> I didn't know there were still any phone exchanges that still supported
> the
>>> old pulse dialing equipment.
>
> They almost all still support it. You still have to pay extra for tone
> dialing in some places

It's just amazing to me that they would retain such 'backward compatibility'
for so long when I imagine at most exchanges the old electromechanical
equipment is only a distant hazy memory (for the youngsters, we're talking
floor-to-ceiling racks of clicky-clacky relays filling an area much like the
stacks of books fill a library).

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)