No subject

Brandy Bender brandybndr at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:07:32 PDT 2003

What I did in Brazil was set-up a hub office for an advertising agency,
network setup and training of the new IS manager. Since the old IS/IT GM was
a pack rat and bout more than was need I shipped all the extra or older
items to Brazil rather than buy all new equipment. If the office can keep
sales up and hold their own they will get an upgrade next year.  I did the
same thing for the office they set up in Japan (I do allot of freelance work
and detest being in an office for long)  In the long run it's cheaper for
small companies (under 1000 employees) to hire freelance on a as needed
basis.  Just need to pop in every 3-6 months for a spot check. Emergency
calls are a whole nother' story.  Most of the time I can use NVC to repair a
computer or network system. It's the PC's that are (Sh*t) Viruses are the
main problem even with a good virus protection (Is the such a thing).
Currently I am re-vamping a PC network for a Restaurant chain that still
using an old DOS based POS, which doesn't want to play nice with the Pentium
4 computers running Win 2000.  The POS companies tech support is pretty much
nil so I end up writing the patches myself.  The POS company pretty much
considers me The Bitch from hell. That's a badge I'll proudly wear!

Brandy

frank at mail.internet.com.mx wrote:
Hello Brandy:
I'm familiar with your contributions to the duolist over the past few years.
They've certainly enlivened the list. The mention of Brazil jumped out in
this last exchange over ADB/USB interfacing. Not sure exactly what it is
that you do, but if you need any presence/backup in Mexico, I'm here for the
duration. Office space and expertise available.
F.