[Duo2400] Re: Duo 280c and modem issue

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 15:30:02 PDT 2003

--- Grizzly <grizzlygiant1 at stic.net> wrote:
> Hello Brian:
>

> Don't give up yet.  You need to know _exactly_ what
> kind of modem you
> have, which may require you to open up the 280.

I opened up the Duo 280C, Here are the modem #'s
PowerPort/Mercury for the Powerbook Duo
Model A530 Part# 26-0607.

The Duo is running OS 8.1
Apple Telecom Modem 2.3.3
Express Modem Tool 3.1.O
Open Transport 1.01
Modem 1.0.1
PPP 1.0.1
TCP/IP 1.3

Since i had the Duo open I removed the modem and
rebooted with extension off, trashed all the modem
preferences and rebooted.

As Far as the software was concerned it did the exact
same thing when there was no modem, so I am guessing
the modem is dead.

I reinstalled the modem and rebooted again after
retrashing extensions. Still does not work.

I am open to any suggestions.

I am trying out the battery reset, I will let you know
the results.

Brian
> The battery may be recoverable in the following way:
>
> Drain the battery using two slightly bent needles
> stuck in the (+) and
> (-) contacts and the surrounding plastic.

=====
Brian
Personal Email briang113 at yahoo.com