Cardbus Beginner Help Needed

Jerry Wolford wolfman at northstate.net
Sun Mar 2 13:09:48 PST 2003

List members,

I have learned much from the list since acquiring my 2400c. In that time I
learned about cardbus enabling I bravely clipped my yellow wires the other
night.

My questions now are.

Does this really work? Just seems weird that Apple dumbed down the machine
like that.

What brands of USB cards seem to work well with Apples USB drivers? I have
seen some cards on ebay new for under $20.00.

I have heard the Macally works even on non cardbus enabled, what are my
choices.

I have also seen a few dual USB/Firewire cards. Anybody using one of these?

Anyway to test my machine to see if the 32 bit bath is online without one of
these cards.

FYI, I have popped in a DVD decoder card from my Wallstreet, and it mounted
the same before and after clipping the wires.

I have been using a PC Card IBM hard drive and a Lexar memory card from my
Nikon D-1 since before clipping the wires.

Thanks!

Jerry