[Duo2400] GREEN LIGHT

Brian brian at brodytheater.com
Wed Mar 12 14:53:38 PST 2003

> From: Steven Fogtman <sfogtman at new.rr.com>
> Subject: [Duo2400] GREEN LIGHT
>
> Apart from the fact that the 2400c that I've received today will not boot,
> I'm made uncomfrtable by the fact that the white latch is glowing green.
> First, what about the light?
> Thanks much

Welcome to the list... sounds like you have the Green Light of Death (GLOD).
Probably a bad processor or bad I/O board, though you might be able to
revive without a repair (about $200-$300 from DT&T if processor or I/O board
is bad) by following the instructions that Sydney Ho has taken pains to
write out for us 2400 users.  Start here:

http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/power_reset_by_sydney_ho.htm

You can also search the archives of this list (search term 'GLOD' would
bring up many discussions) at either of the following places:

http://www.mail-archive.com/duolist%40lists.themacintoshguy.com/
http://lists.themacintoshguy.com/Lists/DuoList/List.html

-Brian Kameoka