[Duo2400] Confused about 2400 power adapter

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 19:10:36 PST 2003

I've forgotten the working power requirement of the 2400, but the
adapter will power it...it just won't charge the battery below
36W...or a I expect very slowly.

Check out the Madsonline adapters if you end up buying one and can't
find Apple's OEM version. It use to sell for $20 from Sun
Remarketing, when they have them in stock.

http://www.madsonline.com/
http://www.sunrem.com/

>I was under the impression that a 2400 could run on a Duo adapter,
>but this excerpt from an Apple document has me confused:
>
>M7783 (Duo Adapter)
>PowerBook Duo 210, 230, 250, 270c, and 280 computers include a 25 W
>power adapter.
>
>M2693 (Duo Adapter)
>The PowerBook Duo 280c included a 36 W power adapter that works with
>all PowerBook Duo computers.
>
>PowerBook 2400
>M5937
>36 W AC adapter for the Macintosh PowerBook 2400c computer.
>
>I have both adapters, 7783 & 2693. Will either of these power the
>2400? Or do I need to buy the 5937 adapter. I hope not!! Thanks.

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.