TCP/IP Idling out..thoughts?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 19:15:12 PST 2003

Ok Ivan, as long as you're online... ;-)

2400 is working great via RR broadband, ethernet via Linksys router
and MacAlly PC card.

I decide to give it a vacation and take it to Hawaii.  No network
activity while on the road.

Hook everything back up when I get home and now it just drops the
TCP/IP connection after maybe 10-30 minutes.

TCP/IP still shows the current IP and Subnet address, but just no
activity. I can't even get the browser to see the router to
troubleshoot that piece.

A restart clears all the problems until it idles out again.

Thoughts...anyone?

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.