[Duo2400] Laser printers.

Jani Tiainen jani.tiainen at keypro.fi
Tue Mar 18 21:13:27 PST 2003

> I've seen on eBay old laserjet's selling for next to nothing. I'm assuming
> the real cost comes in delivery because they're such big heavy
> objects, but
> I think one of these things would make a brilliant second hand printer for
> an old Mac. Has anyone here ever bought a second hand Laser
> printer? What's
> the mileage on a toner cartridge? I'm not bothered that they only print
> black and white, I just really love the crispness of the text,
> and for what
> is only a few bucks, could have a top quality printing machine.

Well, toner can do something between 2k to 8k A4's, depending on settings...

I remember that 3k pages with 8% coverage is something that HP claims
itself. But what comes to printer, I really suggest getting HP LaserJet
5-series (5MP or something like that) I've 5P of those still in use (But not
with Mac because I don't have PostScript cartridge that I could directly
attach it to Mac...) 5-series are as cheap as 4-series, slightly better
tough...