Duo Keyboard, battery and screen.

Adam alomac at ihug.com.au
Mon Mar 24 10:17:44 PST 2003

I'm thinking about buying a Duo 280c as a cheap, lightweight machine for the
road.
One thing I'm wary of though, is the keyboard. From what I've read, it
sounds like either the feel is compromised, and/or they are prone to
failure. Is this true?
Also, what sort of battery life can I expect? Is it possible to re-cell
them?

One other thing I've been reading about is the tendency of Duo screens to
start going dark around the edges with age. If I was to buy a 280c, what
would be my chances of running into this problem down the road?

I'm sort of tossing between the 280c and a 540c...

Cheers,
Adam.