[Duo2400] Re: OS 8.6?

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 17:54:37 PST 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 3/27/03 11:50 PM, the entity
known as THE ROCK transmitted the following from PETER777 at gte.net:

> $ 62.00.
> http://www.baucomcomputers.com/
>
> "Eric L. Strobel" wrote:
>
>> on 03/26/03 2:31 PM, tom bonacci at bonacci at ascend.com wrote:
>>
>>> I've not found it.  I found the 8.6 Update which requires 8.5 or 8.5.1
>>> for installation.  I could not find 8.5 or 8.5.1 to perform the
>>> requisite steps, either.  If 8.5 or 8.5.1 is available from Apple and
>>> someone knows the URL, I'd certainly appreciate it being forwarded.
>>
>> Nope, you've got to buy it.  Sometimes available relatively cheaply on eBay.
>> I'm not sure if any of the usual web retailers still have 8.5 CDs for sale.
>>
>> - Eric.

OUCH!!!  That seems steep!  Wasn't OtherWorld selling OS 9.1 CDs for about
that a week or two ago?  I guess there must be a rather low supply relative
to the demand.  For crying out loud, you can get OEM 10.1.x+9.2 installers
for only about $25 more (and no, I don't remember where I saw that, but I
think that was also OWC).

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)