[Duo2400] Dock (II) question

Edgar Peinelt edgarpeinelt at usa.net
Fri Mar 28 21:54:17 PST 2003

> I just realized I have a Dock problem. Or, more properly, that I have a
> different sort of Dock problem than I thought.
>
> I use a 280c. I have a DuoDock. Not a II model, just a Duo Dock. I use it
> all the time, and it works fine with my 280c.
>
> I just learned that the 280c is not supposed to work with the first Duo
> Dock. The Dock requires a new lid to work with color-model Duos... or
> somesuch.
>
> So, how do I use the Dock? (I said I did use it. And it "works fine"...)
>
> Well, when I got the Dock, I thought it was busted. I thought about the
> problem (it would not grab the Duo), so I reached inside the device and
> pulled a "grabber" forward. And if I do that each time before inserting the
> Duo, the Dock does indeed grab the Duo and the Duo fires up just fine from
> the keyboard.
>
> Should I be worring about this? Have I ruined the Dock for other Duos? Is
> it absolutely imperative that I replace the Dock with a Dock II?
>
> Or do I have a modified Dock and not know it?

If your 280c physically fits into the dock then you have a Dock Plus or a
Duo Dock with a exchange lid to house those duos that had the color screen
(280c , 2300c). If your book is properly drawn in and ejected then the
little motor and the two latches with springs controlling these procedures
should be OK. So I can't see what could be the "grabber" you have to pull  -
anyway there is no problem with the type of DuoDock.
Edgar