230 won't boot

Helen Ross helen at koan.de
Mon Mar 31 05:29:21 PST 2003

Hi,
my 230 won't boot if it running on mains but it will if I put it in the dock. It just hangs after showing the
startup splash screen.

I thought it might be something to do with networking but I have looked and nothing is different.

Also I treated the duo to a new battery and I can't get it to charge. I reset the power manager both by pushing
in the button on the back of the case and when that didn't work I dismantled the machine and remove the main and
pram battery in an attempt to kick things into life.

I bought the new battery because the old one worked up until a few months ago then suddenly wouldn't charge. I
tried everything but in the end thought it must have come to the end of its life - now am thinking there must be
something wrong with the actual charging circuitry on the motherboard. (BTW it is not a contact problem - I have
the battery taped firmly in)

Helen