[Duo2400] DVD player on the 2400c

Bon Davis bon at drumgods.net
Sat May 3 18:14:38 PDT 2003

Hi Jake,
Bon here , you helped me with ram and hard drive upgrade to my 2400
last summer.
Sadly i now have GLOD and will soon send the 2400 to DTT. I can not
seem to find a power i/o board for good price. maybe now i repay the
favor
--------------
  I think this will work for you but may still require a physical DVD drive.

the Think DVD site has lots of info
http://web.tiscali.it/thinkdifferent/
there is a patch to allow apple dvd player to work on unsupported hardware.

http://web.tiscali.it/thinkdifferent/english/patchs/appledvdpatch27.html

I have apple dvd player working on my biege G3 desktop with a apple
DVD drive and ATI mac Radeon pci card.

you have to copy the dvd player over from another mac liek i did , or
use tome viewer.
Apple DVD player still will not launch till you run the Patch on it.
The patched version works fine.

there was some other info on xlr8yourmac.com and on lowendmac.com

hope it works.

--
====    Bon V. Davis II  =  bon at drumgods.net =========