[Duo2400] Tricking a 2400

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 02:20:15 PDT 2003

Actually, this is kind of an ugly kludge, but: I had a 2400 that I
dropped once, and the part of the latch that descends into the hold and
made the computer go to sleep broke off. Thus, I always had to sleep it
manually, but it was never really a big deal -- the hinge was strong
enough to keep the machine fully closed when it was closed, and it kind
of had that first-generation iBook feel -- no latch, which I kind of
enjoyed. Just flip it open and wake it up.

Anyway, I don't really advise intentionally breaking off your latch, but
it would probably do what you want.

Ivan.