Tricking a 2400

Sidney Ho SKYHO at compuserve.com
Wed May 7 14:42:10 PDT 2003

OK, another quick suggestion (for a little more elegant w/reversible
"engineering" solution) before I sign off for a while.

If you can, remove the top track pad cover. Be careful not to snap the
ribbon cable. Turn it over and severely depress (deform) the metal tab by
bending it or pulling it away from the plastic cover about 1/3 of the way
along its length. IIRC the actuating arm has to remain near horizontal
closer to its fixed point.  The part that contacts the LCD cover latch
should be far enough away to no longer electro-mechanically act as a switch
when contacted by the white (loop) part. I'm not traveling w/my 2400 and
won't answer this matter further but any clever mechanic will immediately
understand what I'm talking about. Alternatively, if sleep is insensitive,
the reverse operation will improve sleep sensitivity. (Just open/close the
pivot angle to achieve the desired effect.)