[Duo2400] Duo 280c - Also won't start

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun May 11 08:12:54 PDT 2003

on 5/11/03 11:01 AM, Lela Tong at lelatong at yahoo.com wrote:

> Yikes -- my 280c won't start either.
>
> The 280c has been in storage for a few months -- the battery was
> stored separately.
>
> I pressed the Power On button... but no chime.
>
> I pressed the power reset button (on the back of the computer) and
> the green light on the top right of the screen comes on... a good
> sign?   And then, I tried to press the Power On button again...
> still, no chime.
>
> Any ideas?  I'd appreciate it.

It will probably take several tries, but hold down the reset button on the
back for at least 60 seconds, and then release. You might also get results
by also holding down the power key, but I don't remember if that was
necessary too, but I don't think it can hurt. :-) You may need to repeat
this process several times. I think your backup battery is dead as well.
That's what's causing your problems. It will boot eventually, but you will
need to keep doing a deep reset like I described until you finally shock it
out of sleep.
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it
is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
     --George Washington, first president of the USA