Continuing saga - second hand [Was: Re: Help sought to reconstruct disk problem

Larry W. Virden lvirden at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 05:27:27 PDT 2003

> http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/bootdisks.html

Well, I worked with some of these this weekend. I got one downloaded,
decoded.  Then I used disk copy to open the image file.

I was not able to figure out how to get Disk Copy to create an image
of the disk onto the floppy I had.

However, I was able to drag the system folder and apps into the
floppy.

The kids were able to use that disk to boot up.  They tell me they
were even able to look around on the hard disk that is reporting
problems.

However, running disk first aid from the floppy , they tell me that
the system still starts up with the flashing floppy icon with a ?.

Given that they don't seem to have an OS disk, and I know I don't
have enough space at home to download one, nor a format on which to
create such a disk for them, is there someplace that an owner of a
duo 280 can turn to purchase an appropriate MacOS in a format
that they could use to format a hard disk and then install a new
version of the OS on their laptop?

=====
--
Tcl - It's the real thing.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >