My 2400c won't power up anymore

Jughead edwinsallan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 21:00:10 PST 2003

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this list and this problem has probably
been addressed before but I hope you can help me
anyway.

I have an old PB 2400c with Mac OS 9.1 installed and
80MB of RAM and one hour of average battery life.
Lately, my nephew have been playing games with it a
lot. Twice last week, the PB would suddenly shut down
without warning in the middle of a game. Last Friday,
after the nephew played 3 hours (with the AC adaptor)
plugged in and the thing went dead for good. Since
then, I couldn't get it to power up again. I tried
everything from pressing the reset button at the back
to removing the battery and not use it overnight but
to no avail.

I suspected it overheated and I don't want to think
that it's a motherboard problem. Do I still have any
other choice? Could it really be a motherboard problem
I'm still hoping it's not.

And since this particular model was actually
manufactured by IBM for Apple, could it be possible
that some of its parts are the same as that of IBM
ThinkPads? Would it be a good idea if I take it to an
IBM ThinkPad Service Center instead or a PC repair
shop instead that specializes on laptops and
ThinKPads?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

=====
Tito Edwin to nephew Santino: Baby ka ba o bata?
Santino, 3 years old: Bata!
Tito Edwin: Anong klaseng bata?
Santino: Baby!