[Duo2400] Finally Got a 2400c! Please help me to optimize it/set it up for wireless

Bon Davis taichi at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 8 10:11:22 PST 2003

Welcome

>It looks like the only browser on the hard drive is Navigator 3.

I use IE 5.2.1 (?latest for classic Mac OS) simply because you can
totally collapse the menu bars to maximize screen real estate.
downladable.
other browsers are available.

Also i would use OS 8.6
maybe can download the upgrade.

>So, what type of PC card do I need that does not require a Cardbus-enabled
>slot and what else do I really need to do to set-up the wireless network?

Folks were talking about an ethernet card from Compusa (store brand)
that will do 100 base t  in non cardbus.
but I got a farallon for 10 base T.

I would spring for the $79 Macwireless 802.11b card since it is able
to do non cardbus and 128 bit encription.
there are many other options... farallon/proxim seems good.