Finally Got a 2400c! Please help me to optimize it/set it up for wireless

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 17:34:22 PST 2003

"pulin at mailcan.com" <pulin at mailcan.com> wrote:
>an error when it tries to open the .smi file (Stuffit 5.5 expands the .bin
>file to the .smi file fine...the error occurs when it tries to expand the
>.smi file).  The error is something to the effect of a shrinkwrap error -40
>or -50 or something like that.
Don't use Expander/ShrinkWrap to mount the disk image, it's a
(S)elf(M)ounting(I)mage file created with Disk Copy (that is, an
executable), simple double-click on it to launch and mount. As you noted,
you can also use DiskCopy to mount a .smi file, by dragging and dropping
the .smi file onto DC.

You might want to disable Expander's disk-mounting-zeal in its prefs,
I've only ever had trouble with that 'feature'.

Oh, well . . . of course the .bin file could have gotten corrupted in the
DL but that problem would have popped up when the image-mounting checksum
process noted a bad file. Re-DLing it ought to cure that.

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700