Finally Got a 2400c! Please help me to optimize it/set it up for wireless

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 18:26:22 PST 2003

pulin at mailcan.com wrote:
>Tried redownloading, but still get the same error when trying to mount
>the .smi file on my dualie, so I don't think the file would be getting
>corrupted the same way during each d/l.
It's probably not corrupt....

>I have been d/l'ing the file on my dual 867 Powermac running OS X.2.6,
>and it unstuff's the .bin file fine, but then I think DiskCopy tries to
>mount the .smi file and that's when the error occurs.  So, I can't even
>unstuff it on my high power Mac.
don't un-.bin it under X. Transfer the .bin file to a Mac running a
"Classic" MacOS and un-.bin it there.

In any case, even if the .smi executable code is corrupt, Disk Copy
_should_ be able to mount the image in a "Classic" MacOS. Perhaps
changing the suffix to .img might do the trick, or even change the file
type/creator to rohd/ddsk.

Again, don't launch the .smi, instead use Disk Copy to mount the image.

What's the location of the file with which you've been struggling?

Heck, I think you've gotten kinda far afield from your original mission.
Why not try one of the earlier orinocowireless drivers and see if that
works before continuing with this 8.6 "madness"?!?

<ftp://ftp.orinocowireless.com/pub/software/IEEE/PC_CARD/APPLE/>
     and
<ftp://ftp.orinocowireless.com/pub/software/ORiNOCO/PC_Card/MacOS/>

There's a bunch of drivers in those directories and I'd suggest trying
each, from highest version on down until you come to one that works.

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700