[Duo2400] Re: How do I make a Disk Tools floppy?

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 01:08:43 PST 2003

--- Bon Davis <taichi at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I was also looking for the disk tools floppy disk
> image for a 2400
> that had a newer finder on it so i could access HFS+
> volumes
> I think it was a 8.1 NOT 7.X image that was needed.

Yes, you must have at least 8.1 to access HFS+
volumes. There are 8.1 Disk Tools floppies for 68040
and for PPC.

FYI, 68k Macs upgraded with 601 CPUs can boot from
an 8 or 8.1 PPC Disk Tools floppy without needing an
enabler. For 7.6 they only need an enabler for the
Disk Tools floppy. For 7.5.x they need the enabler
always. Daystar did not support anything less than
7.5 on their 601 upgrades which usually shipped with
that System version. Dunno about Apple's 601 upgrades
except they never sold any for 030 Macs. The Apple
601 upgrade control panel will only disable a
card like the Turbo 601 then refuse to enable it
because the base Mac is an 030 CPU.

=====
"You never have to repair or replace what you leave out of the design."
William "Bill" Powell Lear, inventor of the 8-Track tape and the Learjet.