[Duo2400] Re: 2400c/180 and 8.5+

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Sun Nov 23 18:07:17 PST 2003

Chuck,

Look in your System Folder for an enabler of any kind.  If there's one
there, drag it out and restart.  When you hold down shift, it also
disables any enablers that might be loading.  Something tells me you
have an incorrect enabler running and messing with the system.

I assume you are using an external CD and running an actual installer,
right?  Not just copying a System Folder from somewhere?

Josh

On Sunday, November 23, 2003, at 05:32 PM, Chuck Kenney wrote:

> Nothing between 8.5 and 9.1 will boot on my 2400c once it is installed
> on
> the hard drive, giving me the error that "this startup disk cannot be
> used
> with this computer".  If I boot holding down shift to disable
> extensions, it
> will boot, which I find odd.  Just manually turning off extensions
> does not
> work, I have to boot holding shift.
>
> Right now, it is chugging along running 8.1 without complaint.
>
> Any pointers would still be appreciated.

---
"I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I
wish to practice resignation unless it was quite necessary."

Henry David Thoreau