[Duo2400] SCSI drive testing

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Wed Nov 26 17:52:43 PST 2003

You can test the drive itself, assuming you have a SCSI card in the PC.
  You will have to repartition and reformat the drive in order to check
it without some special 3rd part utilities (that I'm sure are quite
obscure as Win 9x/XP doesn't support HFS or HFS+)  As long as you don't
care about the drive's contents, you can go ahead and format it as
FAT32 (Win 9x native format) and try some large read/write activity (or
Scan Disk) with the PC, then put it in the Mac and reformat it as HFS
or HFS+.

Good luck!

Josh

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 05:44 PM, Paul Simons wrote:

> Am looking for info on testing Apple notebook SCSI drives. I have the
> adapter so the notebook drive can be connected to a standard internal
> SCSI
> cable and power connector. Question is - here goes, with apologies -
> can you
> test an Apple SCSI drive on a Windows (or for that matter Sun or other)
> machine and get correct info about it? If good the drive in question
> will go
> into a PowerBook . Thanks, Paul Simons

---
"I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I
wish to practice resignation unless it was quite necessary."

Henry David Thoreau