mysterious firewire extensions

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Sat Nov 29 06:33:31 PST 2003

Dear Gurus,
	I'm running a 2400/240/30g 8.6 with a ratoc firewire card.   I am
having some weird extnsion problems. My firewire cardbus enabler is  1.01
(Firewire 2.5) and   my firewire support and enabler are both version 2.7.
	If I just start up and put the card in, the ratoc doesn't come up
on the drive. If I tryto start with the card in, I get no screen until I
paperclip the card out.
	BUT, if I disable these three extensions, restart then enable them
again and restart a second time the card works fine either at startup or
inserted afterwards.
	Ideas would be very welcome.
					Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm