[Duo2400] 2300c internal modem question

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 13:31:29 PST 2003

Hi Paul,
My 2300c works with the internal modem. It is a 14.4K,
very slow!
You should have a control panel for Express Modem.
Select the "on" button.
In the control panel for Config PPP, my settings are:
Port=internal modem
There should be a PPP Server name, like Mindspring.
Click on "config".
Flow control is set to CTS & RTS (DTR).
Modem init= AT&F
Close the config window.
Click on Authentication. Enter your user ID and
password. If you leave them blank it says you enter
them before connecting.
Close the Authentication window.
On my 2300c, I closed the config PPP control panel and
the modem will try to connect when I open Netscape
Navigator or Communicator.
On my 2300c, I opened Extensions Manager, and I noted
that "PC card" and "PC Card modem extension" were
checked. I'm not sure if these are needed, but that's
how mine is set up.
Good luck.

Art in Silicon Valley

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml>