Duo PowerPC Upgrade?

Phil Robinson twinbrook46636 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 09:18:14 PDT 2003

I have some questions regarding the PowerPC upgrade Apple offered to
Duo 2xx series owners.  Is there any difference between the official
upgrade and just swapping in a 2300c logicboard?  With the official
upgrade did the upgraded Duo appear as a 2300c in the About This
Macintosh dialog box for instance?  If I upgrade a 250 with a 2300c
logicboard do I get an increase in the number of shades of gray
displayed on the LCD or does it still have just 16 shades like a
non-upgraded 250?  Finally, has anyone made a webpage showing how to do
this upgrade or does anyone have the service manual PDF they can email
me?  Thanks for your help.  I appreciate it!

Phil