ram doubler installation woes

Dan Coleman dcoleman at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:11:24 PDT 2003

Hi!
A friend of mine gave me his unused Ram Doubler 8 (transferring license,
etc), by emailing me the zipped up file he originally downloaded from
connectix. It unzips fine either to a disk image on the hard disk, or via
diskcopy to make a floppy. I then copy the control panel to "control
panels", but it won't load the control panel. It keeps asking for a master
disk. I googled this problem and found references to a hidden LoadRAMDBLR
file that needs to be in the system root folder. Anybody have any idea how
to make this work.  Thanks! Dan