[Duo2400] Re: 2300c screen on 280

Ernesto A. Forcadilla forca at look.ca
Tue Oct 14 00:34:49 PDT 2003

At 11:37 PM -0700 10/13/03, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
>The Duos don't have a "video card". Any Duo that
>was available in both mono and color, the same main
>board supports both types of screen. The Duo 2300
>main board supports ALL previous Duo screens plus
>the one that came with a factory built 2300.

Hi Gregg,

I've got PB280 with gray scale screen. I won an LCD screen without
the frame for PB280c at ebay and i tried to swap the screen of 280c
with 280 using the same frame. Unfortunately, the screen of 280c is
different in size and won't fit in the frame of 280. Missing also in
the 280c screen is what i thought as a "color video card" located
vertically at the left side of the screen. This same mono "card" is
placed horizontally below in the 280 screen. I guess this "card"
makes the difference between a colored PB280c and a mono PB280, both
having the same main board.