[Duo2400] Open Transport

Jose A.Alvarez Dios jaaldios at jazzfree.com
Mon Oct 20 07:00:56 PDT 2003

El Lunes, 20 octubre, 2003, a las 02:53 PM, Goodwin, Greg escribió:

>     I have a Duo 280c.  I want to get this think working with Ethernet
> so I can hook into the Linksys router, enjoy a bit of shared
> networking, maybe even tap into my DSL.  :)  Love Linksys routers.
>
>     So I'm battling with the 280c, trying to get Open Transport on the
> computer.  Most of the time I have run into OT 1.0.8, OT 1.1.1, and OT
> 1.1.2 which seem to be upgrades.  The only actual installer tells me
> "Can't install on this type of computer."  Whhaaa!!?
>
>     So how did you solve this problem?  How did you get ethernet
> working?  Where did you find the software.  Free is good, but if it
> wasn't, where did you buy it?

Greg,

It's ages since my last Duo was gone, but here's what I can remember:

a) If you have system 8.0 or 8.1, they include OT 1.2.
b) If you have 7.5.5 or 7.1, you can install OT 1.1.1 and then OT 1.1.2
on top of OT 1.1.1. My SE/30 has 7.5.5, OT 1.1.2 and OT/PPP 1.0 and
works fine. You can download everything from the Apple site.

HTH,

Jose Antonio Alvarez Dios

e-mail addresses: jaaldios at usc.es, jaaldios at jazzfree.com
e-fax number (in the USA, handles voicemail too) 1 (419) 828-9794
fax number (in Spain) 34981597054