[Duo2400] Help with 230 switch

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 01:09:40 PDT 2003

--- Paul Simons <phsra at voicenet.com> wrote:
> I need help with a Duo 230, bought on Ebay. Worked
> for a few days - odd
> thing was that it would turn on as soon as I would
> unlatch & raise the
> screen. Then, I had to push the switch several times
> before it would boot.
> Now, nothing. Seems like the switch went, but it
> feels and clicks like it's O.K.

Try a Power Manager reset. Remove the battery then
with the lid closed, hold the power button on the
back edge for 30 seconds to a minute. Plug in the
AC adapter, open the lid and see if it boots. If it
boots, then insert the battery while it's on.

The recommended way to insert the battery is to tip
the Duo up, insert the battery in the slot and let
it drop the last inch to ensure it's fully seated.

Not quite as bad as Apple telling owners of the early
model Apple III to lift them up an inch then drop
to reseat the chips. :)

=====
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."