[Duo2400] Newertech Etherdock

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 22:51:27 PST 2003

--- Tom and Lisa P <gionpeters at comcast.net> wrote:

> I recently got a Newertech Etherdock and I cant
> install the software.
> It keeps asking for the disk named "EtherTech
> Installer".  According
> to the read me I have to make sure the installer
> folder is named as such, which I did.

Apparently it is one of those highly annoying
installers that insists it must install from a disk
with a specific name and will not install to the disk
it's currently on even if that disk has the right
name.

So you'll have to format a floppy, name it EtherTech
Installer, copy the installer to it then run it from
there. Not so bad unless the floppy is connected
to the EtherDock and requires a driver before the
floppy can be used...

If the files are not compressed, drop them onto the
System Folder and the System will come back saying
that they need to be put in the extentions and/or
control panels folders, do you want to do that?
Of course you do so click OK.

=====
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."