Newertech Etherdock

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 22:41:58 PST 2003

to which Mad Dog (Tom P) <gionpeters at comcast.net> replied:
>Thanks Dan, that did it.  I luv this little dock.  I just have to
>resist the urge to open it up and see if I could transfer the guts
>into a Duo........
Glad I could help. I considered the internal swappage thing too, but
didn't bother as the dock itself is pretty compact. The bother wasn't
worth it for me anyway.

What looked to me to be the easiest (?!!?) builtin enet for Duo is the
micro-mini-whatever EN/SC adapter, whose PCB fits comfortably into the
space above a superslim HD. Now add to that a _very_ tiny wireless access
point . . . Hey, come to think of it, a wireless PCcard would fit nicely
into the excess HD space, too stinkin' bad there's no way to interface it
with the Duo logic board.

How come no maker ever made a PCcard minidock? Hmmmmmmmm . . .

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500