[Duo2400] 2400

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 22:59:14 PST 2003

Ken start with this:

http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/  Hardware:Repair:GLOD

Might not be worth repairing, but these guys have done a lot of 2400s...
http://www.dttservice.com/services.html

I've got one 2400 that won't run on battery.  Sidney Ho suggest I
disassemble it and check where the battery connection is inside the
book.  I haven't bothered, but you might try.

Take-a-part instructions can be found on mac2400 also....along with a
few other bits of trivia. ;-)

Good luck....

>Well
>the adapter just arrived and to my dismay, when I plug them in, I get
>nothing. If I press the reset button on the back the green light will
>light steady but that's it. Also, they have no batteries, when I unplug
>one of them the green light stays light for a bout ten seconds then
>shuts off, the other one shuts off right away.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these two guys working? I am
>capable of opening them up to check fuses or whatnot, if someone would
>give me some ideas on what to look for. Also, does anyone the Atlanta
>area have any place they trust with repairs, in case I can't get it done
>on my own?
>
>Ken

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.