[Duo2400] Re: Mysterious hard drive problem

Peter Goertzen sprkplg82 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 20:54:05 PDT 2003

--- Edgar Peinelt <edgarpeinelt at usa.net> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> you might try a utility such as File Buddy to look
> at and eventually delete
> invisible files from your HD.

Good idea, Edgar, and thanks for the suggestion.
However, File Buddy found no big or weird invisible
files. Just for kicks, I checked for duplicates and
orphans too; nothing there, either.

By the way, this was my first experience with File
Buddy, and I was extremely impressed by the software
and the customer service provided by SkyTag Software,
makers of File Buddy. Their website indicated that the
old version of File Buddy compatible with System
7.5.5, my OS, is no longer available. I sent them an
email asking if there was a way I could get a copy,
and in about an hour they emailed me back with a test
copy of File Buddy attatched. It seems to be a great
utility, too.

Also, I thought of another thing that might shed light
on my hard drive debacle: In the summary of all the
stuff it did after I ran Disk Doctor, it listed my OS
as 7.6.1, not 7.5.5 as reality would dictate. Could
this mean something?

If you get ANY more ideas, please let me know!

Thanks,
Peter