[Duo2400] Re: Mysterious hard drive problem

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 01:13:39 PDT 2003

--- Peter Goertzen <sprkplg82 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, I thought of another thing that might shed
> light
> on my hard drive debacle: In the summary of all the
> stuff it did after I ran Disk Doctor, it listed my
> OS
> as 7.6.1, not 7.5.5 as reality would dictate. Could
> this mean something?

In the System Folder, click on System the hit
Command I on the keyboard and see what it says.
Do the same on Finder. The ones on the hard drive
should be 7.5.5. If you're booted off a Norton
CD, it's likely to be Mac OS 7.6.1 on it for the
later 68k compatable versions.

Speaking of Norton Utilities, a local thrift shop has
a box, manual and two full floppy sets of version 2.0
which is both System 6 and 7 compatable.

=====
"Your mistletoe is no match for my TOW missile!" Robot Santa Claus, Futurama