[Duo2400] Mysterious hard drive problem SOLVED

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 12:27:39 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/9/03 2:47:02 PM, sprkplg82 at yahoo.com writes:

<<  What's my best option for archiving
with my 2300c? External hard drive? Zip drive? Is
there a CD burner available for my machine?

Peter >>

CDR is cheap, and not so limiting on the Mac (it is on a PeeCee....can you
say 120 gig hard drive???!) as most 2300s (such as mine) use 1-2 gig HDs.  Back
up the data you need, or mirror the HD onto a CD if less than 700 megs of
data.  You will need a DuoDock or a MiniDock to connect the drive, along
w/appropriate cables.

Alternatively, if you have another Mac, AppleTalk them together and backup
the data files onto the other unit (my desktop has the CDRW; I back up most data
on that drive).

Tape drives work well, too.  I've got a DAT drive I'm not using if anyone is
interested...HP mechanism, holds like 6 gigs.  Retrospect does a fine job.
Got two drives, I'm not giving up on DATs.

Andrew