[Duo2400] Re: DAT drives. Re: [Duo2400] Re: Mysterious hard drive problem SOLVED

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 05:59:07 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/11/03 11:42:37 PM, dgass at swbell.net writes:

<< Strange. I've stored thousands of gigabytes to the various flavors of 8MM

Exabyte drives and have had very little data loss, usually bad tapes. I

especially like the 20G/40G Mammoth drives, though for cheap price on both

drive and media, the 8505 is hard to beat. >>

Yup...not sure if I had a bad drive or if Retrospect just didn't like it.
Anyway, went with the DDS drive...it just works.  YMMV!

Cheers!
Andrew