Start up problems on 2300c

Richard Bussone rich at daniellefineart.com
Sat Sep 13 19:50:47 PDT 2003

First I want to thank everyone for helping me with the problem I had
with the loose power connection and torn mouse pad ribbon connector I
had a few months ago on my wife's computer.  I finally got a used 230
duo and dock from ebay and installed a track ball today.  But, before I
installed it I found it was not starting properly.  After I installed
it I still could not get it to start.  It begins startup, makes noises
like it is starting and the screen gets bright, but no apple logo comes
on.  I tried starting with the shift key depressed, but it doesn't make
any difference.

It has a Newer mini dock, which has always been temperamental, but it
doesn't' matter if the dock is connected or not.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich