[Duo2400] Re: WOW

Bon Davis taichi at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 21:26:48 PDT 2003

well the price makes ME feel good about plunking down some cash on my
2400 for a DT& T Mother board replacement.
turns out my GLOD was NOT power I/o board....
i just got the box... I  will go open it now......

BUT  I agree with the poster who asked WHY we were surprised at this price.
On ebay, price = description * Picture/ availability.

AND we STILL have a 2400 that is smaller thank an iBOOK.
and MUCH cooler. In style if not temperature.

I think we  Americans, at least,  have a fondness for Classic things
rather than ancient  things.... like Elvis and Rock and Roll and old
cars that is related to our lack of so LONG an ancient history as
some of out cousins across the pond can boast of.

Even in New England OLD houses are not as old as old ones in Europe.

So we continue to Hot Rod old Cars and computers that are COOL
instead of doing the logical thing and buying a new ibook that
everyone else has.

i say this as an American, an Archeologist, and a Old School Geek.
-----

And Speaking of cool being COOL

  rather than Paint on my 2400 I am thinking of Fur or Leather.... but
I am worried about heat issues.... any thoughts ? :-)
rather than hog or clog the bandwidth.
I will just bury the query in the thread instead.

emate 300,  G3 destop, 2400, sold the TiBook (too common)

--
====    Bon V. Davis II  =  taichi "at" austin "dot" rr "dot" com =========