DAT Drive

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 16:11:54 PDT 2003

I am looking for some help.

I just picked up an 4GB DDS2 DAT SCSI Tape Drive

HP part # C1533-20450
Apple part # 654-0006

It seems these were offered on the 8500 9500 servers
as an option. So it has the Apple firmware in it.

Anyway it powers up accepts tapes feeds it and the
appropriate lEDs flash.  SCSI probe and System
profiler say it is there.  However the media does not
mount on the desktop.

I am searching the web for help and thought I would
turn to the guys and gals on the list.  Anyone know is
there an extension for this drive?

Of course HP has all kinds of windows drivers(no help
at all)

I found nothing on the Apple website or knowledge
base.

Thanks Brian

=====
Brian