DAT Drive

Mike Friese mike at friese.com
Wed Sep 24 17:48:58 PDT 2003

I just used an almost identical DDS-2 drive today on my 8500 to restore
an accidentally deleted file. The DAT requires Retrospect, not Retrospect
Express. Even very old copies of Retrospect will operate this drive.

If you get you DAT working, you will also need a tape cleaning cartridge.

Mike Friese