[Duo2400] Not starting except when on SCSI chain

Christoph Pistor cpistor at frys.com
Fri Sep 26 09:21:05 PDT 2003

It seems that I isolated my problem to be caused by the SCSI connector.
I must have blown something pulling the cord off while the machine was
on. The internal drive starts fine as long as something terminated (like
a Zip drive is attached). It just does not start up when there is
nothing inside the connector. Does anybody know how the internal SCSI
termination of a PB180c works, or where I can find stuff about it? Could
it be just a fuse of some sort? Does the PB provide active termination
internally?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Christoph