WOW

Robert Friede rlf9 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 16:26:43 PDT 2003

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 08:09  PM, Duo/2400 List wrote:

> From: COCCORP at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:56:53 EDT
> Subject: [Duo2400] Re: WOW
>
> In a message dated 9/25/2003 2:37:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> rlf9 at earthlink.net writes:
>
>> What capabilities does it gain via the IDE drive? What's the HDD MB
>>  size limit on the PB150? Thx.
>
> Well, the IDE drives are faster, cheaper, and way bigger. The largest
> PURE
> SCSI laptop hard drive I've ever seen was only about 800mb...

I think I have a 1.1GB somewhere. Think the speeds are usually 3600 or
4200 rpm, just like today's 2.5" IDE drives, and these old scsi drives
are dirt cheap. It never occurred to me though to try much more than
1000MB in a 170 or 180. They're sorta slow, so I figured the smaller
the drive, the quicker the response, no?

Bob F